We Are NOT Nor Have We Ever Been A Nation of Immigrants

7 05 2007

Cross posted from The Peoples Patriot

 

When you are put in a position whereby you have no facts or data to back your positions, you must resort to myths, half truths and sometimes, all out lies to further an agenda. This is the plight of the open borders crowd.

Often we hear “no human is illegal”, “illegal aliens do the jobs Americans won’t do” and the overused and nostalgic “we are a nation of immigrants” or it’s derivative, “this country was built by immigrants”.

Today I would like to put the “we are a nation of immigrants” myth out it’s misery for once and for all.

Please refer to this chart of total immigrants by year. Then refer to this chart of total United States population by year.

On the “total immigrants by year chart”, look to the period of 1901 to 1910. That was the ten year period with the highest number of immigrants coming to the United States. During that ten year period, the total number of immigrants was 8,795,386. The highest individual year total for that period was 1,285,349 immigrants coming to the United States in 1907.

The population of the United States in 1907 was 87,008,000. That means that in 1907 immigrants represented a paltry 1.5% of the overall U.S. population. Even if you take the ten year total of 8,795,386 immigrants and compare it to the overall population of 1910, the percentage of immigrants compared to the total population is a fairly insignificant 10.1%.

To say that 1.5% of the population is reflective of and out contributed the other 98.5% is erroneous, false and disingenuous. Even if you consider 10.5% of the population over a ten year period, it remains so. To say that this country is a nation of immigrants when in the best year, immigrants made up only 1.5% of our population is a lie and a myth.

To say that 1.5% of the population or at best, over a ten year period, 10.5% of the population, built the United States, totally ignores the vast contributions of 89.5% to 98.5% of the population. It is plain to see that the statements “we are a nation of immigrants” or “the country was built by immigrants” are lies and nothing more than MSM propaganda.

Not to mention that these claims are an affront to the vast majority of Americans who truly built this great nation.

Note that I have used the most generous immigration and population figures (from the “we are a nation of immigrants” perspective) when doing my calculations. Take a look at the charts and do your own math. It’s eye opening to say the least.

This data, once and for all, slays the myths that “we are a nation of immigrants” and “this country was built by immigrants”. Will this stop the propaganda machines known as the mainstream media and our politicians from spreading these lies? One can only hope. However it’s doubtful.

Other Insightful Illegal Immigration Posts from CAII Members

StikNstein…has no mercy: Mexican Citizens are the new oppressed AMERICAN Minority….says SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER

Right Truth: Beheadings on the U.S. Border

Illegal Aliens Must Go!: It’s the Votes, Stupid!

CAII
This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email stiknstein-at-gmail-dot-com and let us know at what level you would like to participate.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: