Cross posted from Common Sense America
As our Senate takes up their great American giveaway tomorrow, there is still time to let your voice be heard.
They pretend we don’t know what is in their latest substitute, S.1639. They pretend they know nothing about the SPP and the North American Union. But those of us that have read their treason know exactly what they are up to. A quick peek at Section 413 of S.1639 on page 466 clearly states:
SEC. 413. BILATERAL EFFORTS WITH MEXICO TO REDUCE MIGRATION PRESSURES AND COSTS
(a) FINDINGS- Congress makes the following findings:
(1) Migration from Mexico to the United States is directly linked to the degree of economic opportunity and the standard of living in Mexico.
(2) Mexico comprises a prime source of migration to the United States.
(3) Remittances from Mexican citizens working in the United States reached a record high of nearly $17,000,000,000 in 2004.
(4) Migration patterns may be reduced from Mexico to the United States by addressing the degree of economic opportunity available to Mexican citizens.
(5) Many Mexican assets are held extra-legally and cannot be readily used as collateral for loans.
(6) A majority of Mexican businesses are small or medium size with limited access to financial capital.
(7) These factors constitute a major impediment to broad-based economic growth in Mexico.
(8) Approximately 20 percent of Mexico’s population works in agriculture, with the majority of this population working on small farms and few on large commercial enterprises.
(9) The Partnership for Prosperity is a bilateral initiative launched jointly by the President of the United States and the President of Mexico in 2001, which aims to boost the social and economic standards of Mexican citizens, particularly in regions where economic growth has lagged and emigration has increased.
(10) The Presidents of Mexico and the United States and the Prime Minister of Canada, at their trilateral summit on March 23, 2005, agreed to promote economic growth, competitiveness, and quality of life in the agreement on Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America.
(b) SENSE OF CONGRESS REGARDING PARTNERSHIP FOR PROSPERITY – It is the sense of Congress that the United States and Mexico should accelerate the implementation of the Partnership for Prosperity to help generate economic growth and improve the standard of living in Mexico, which will lead to reduced migration, by . . .
Yes, our Senate wants us to believe that they are the ’see no evil, hear no evil monkeys’ as they swear they know nothing about a North American Union. Too bad their feet are quick to run to DO evil while appeasing and allowing it into our nation.
Grassfire has this to say about a few other tricks our Senators have up their sleeves:
No ‘Double Cross’ Acceptable on Amnesty Bill Says Grassroots Organization On the Eve of the Crucial Cloture Vote, the Message is Clear: a Vote for
Cloture is a Vote for Amnesty MAXWELL, Iowa, June 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — On the eve of the cloture vote to reconsider the Bush-Kennedy amnesty bill, grassroots organizations are united around a common message: A vote for cloture is a vote for amnesty.
“Despite all the procedural tricks being used by the Senate to resurrect the amnesty bill, the American people are not confused,” says Grassfire.org president Steve Elliott. “We understand that a ‘yes’ vote for cloture on Bush- Kennedy is a ‘yes’ vote for amnesty. Any Senator who votes ‘yes’ on tomorrow’s cloture motion to proceed with this bill will forever be labeled an Amnesty Senator — even if that Senator later votes against final passage.”
Elliott says any attempt to “double cross” the American people by voting in favor of cloture but against the bill will be immediately exposed by grassroots organizations. “Grassfire is working closely with an ad-hoc coalition of groups who are 100% united on this point. There will be no place to hide for any Senator who tries to double-cross the American people on this bill. If you vote for cloture we will brand you with a modern-day ‘Scarlet A’ for Amnesty.”
Grassfire.org leaves us with this question:
And though Grassfire uses a bit of humor to get their point across, this treason is NO LAUGHING MATTER.
Michelle Malkin has the run down of pivotal Senators that we need to lean on:
The following 12 senators are leaning against the bill itself but so far are leaning toward the cloture motion — which means, in reality, that they would be helping pass the amnesty, because if the bill comes to a final vote, it will pass. These are the Senators whose decisions will likely determine whether the amnesty passes or not:
Call them and tell them that a YES vote on cloture will be viewed as a YES for amnesty. Tell them to KILL THIS BILL.
And don’t miss these great weekend posts from my friends over at the CAII:Congress Leads Bush in Race for Illegal Immigration Infamy from The Peoples Patriot
Trent Lott…Listening to citizens of the wrong country from StikNstein…has no mercy
Immigration Bill Has Reparations for Nazis from Right Truth
Newt’s immigration ad from Freedom of Philadelphia
Immigration Bill Will Pay WWII Reparations to Alien Residents from Maggie’s Notebook
Only doing the jobs American’s won’t do eh? from Freedom of Philadelphia
Blurred Southern Borders from Bear Creek Ledger
Is This Another Loophole in Senate Bill 1348? from The Virtuous Republic
President Bush Recommends Fighting Forest Fires With 4.4 Billion IOUs from Conservative Common Man
The Democrats are working against Fred Thompson from Right Truth
Remembering Agents Ramos and Compean: Kill the Bill from Maggie’s Notebook
Fear and Loathing…of Fred…by the Dhimmicrats from Bear Creek Ledger
Treason Abounds-Gov’t Cabal Plots North American Union and It’s Working Secure Our Borders Now Petition from Freedom Fighter Radio Show
Senator Chambliss says no, but Isakson says ??? from GA CrimeWatch
**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email stiknstein-at-gmail-dot-com and let us know at what level you would like to participate.