Cross posted from Freedom Fighter Radio
Hope Fund Act of 2007 (H.R. 1999)
To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund. [Read More]
Use- The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall, to the extent amounts are made available pursuant to subsection (b), make a grant to the National Council of La Raza for the purpose of providing technical and financial assistance to local non-profit organizations to undertake community development and affordable housing projects and programs serving low- and moderate-income households, particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic origin. Assistance provided by the Secretary under this section may be used by the National Council of La Raza or the Raza Development Fund to–
- provide technical and financial assistance for site acquisition and development, construction financing, and short- and long-term financing for housing, community facilities, and economic development;
- leverage capital from private entities, including private financial institutions, insurance companies, and private philanthropic organizations;
- provide technical assistance, training, support, and advice to develop the management, financial, and administrative capabilities of housing development organizations serving low-income households, including Hispanic households; and
- conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary and the National Council of La Raza.
Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated for grants under this section–
- $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and
- $10,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.
- Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services.
Click Here to see the list of members of the House Financial Services Committee.
Pardons now for our Border Agents-The Texas 4 please visit these sites for info on how you can help and to see their stories
**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email stiknstein-at- gmail-dot-com and let us know at what level you would like to participate.