I just received this via email and thought I should post it.
Your readers may be interested to know that this weekend our government’s policymakers will go face-to-face with college students on the battlefield of Budgetball. On Sunday, June 14, the fun begins on the National Mall as Washington, DC hosts the first-ever exhibition tournament of Budgetball.
Budgetball on the Mall: Pass the Ball, Not the Buck
June 14 at the Washington Monument
- 11:00 am Opening Ceremony
- 11:15 am Budgetball Tournament Begins
- 1:15 pm Budgetball on the Mall Championship Game
- 1:45 pm Awards Ceremony
Budgetball is a team sport similar to Ultimate Frisbee and designed to build awareness, especially among young people, about the nation’s growing financial challenges and the trade-offs involved in solving them. The tournament is being hosted by the National Academy of Public Administration, which helped design the game, and by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, which supported the game’s development.
The following teams will be battling it out for the championship:
- Stress Tested (US Treasury Department)
- Budget Hawks (House Budget Committee)
- Fiscal Fanatics (Brookings Institution, Concord Coalition, Concerned Youth of America)
- Debt Busters (Urban Institute)
- Baseliners (Office of Management and Budget)
- Money Makers (Philander Smith College)
- TheLaunchPad.org (University of Miami)
- PGPF & NAPA Real Reformers, featuring former U.S. Comptroller General and PGPF President Dave Walker (Peterson Foundation and National Academy of Public Administration)
So whether they’re fans of the politicos or the poli-sci majors, invite your readers to cheer on their favorite teams this weekend at the Budgetball tournament. For more information about the event, check out http://www.budgetball.org/washington/.
If you go, or know someone who does, let us know!